(Say work soon will Allah observe your work and His Messenger and the believers)
Believe God Almighty
The branch assumed a distinct place among the scientific branches of similar colleges at the local and regional levels.
Make the branch a scientific, bright and creative edifice in the field of legal sciences at the local and international level by preparing legal cadres and spreading the legal culture in society.
1. The branch aims to present in the field of legal sciences more distinct than it is in the governmental and private university, in line with international quality standards in the field of university education.
2. The branch seeks the efficiency of its educational programs and study plans and the uniqueness of its legal and qualitative research.
3. Preparing graduates with legal knowledge, research and professional skills.
4. Developing awareness of legal systems and directing them in order to meet societal needs.
5. Making use of modern technologies at work and making the student able to consolidate them.
6. Adopting modern educational methods to deliver information to students, including the virtual court method, both international and national, as well as the United Nations model, and drawing a systematic mechanism for the success of these means.
7. Stimulating the students’ latent skills in order to prepare a generation armed with all legal skills only, by activating extra-curricular activities for students and preparing all their requirements, and initiating the organization of carnivals and legal education weeks through which the aforementioned goals are achieved.
8. Cultivating the spirit of citizenship in the souls of the department’s staff and its students, educating them in love for the homeland, devotion to it, respect for the law and its implementation, and preparing them to spread these concepts
9. Enabling the graduate to develop his capabilities and capabilities in his field of specialization.
10. Preparing the graduate to practice legal work in various fields, ie as a lawyer, judge or public prosecutor, or work as a human rights employee in state departments.
11. Preparing the graduate from the department to adapt to the events and developments facing him in the field of his specialized work.
12. Cultivating the graduate’s leadership spirit and developing his leadership skills.
13. Educating the graduate on a culture of integrity, combating administrative and financial corruption, making the latter an enemy of the legal, and making his first and last goal fight these scourges and striving to preserve public money and protect it from tampering.
14. Promoting the graduate’s ethical principles and values, such as honesty, honesty, loyalty, diligence, preservation of professional and job secrecy, and other ethical standards.
About the branch:
The Law Department was established at the beginning of the establishment of the College of Law in accordance with a ministerial order dated 07/18/2004 AD. The establishment of the department is a response to the province’s need for specialists in various fields of law, especially at this time when Iraq is going through a transitional phase for the purpose of making it a modern constitutional state
The department aims to prepare the legal cadres that handle many tasks and functions, including pleadings in all cases by practicing the legal profession, as well as conducting investigations into crimes, providing advice in legal matters, whether for individuals or governmental or civil bodies, and also providing advice in draft laws and regulations Instructions, issuance of legal fatwas, and decisions in the event of differences of opinion regarding the interpretation of laws. They also contribute to preparing the legal cadres to assume the duties of the judicial assistant, the notary public, and legal and juridical advisors in all state departments and institutions.